December 17, 2012

Thank you, Mr. Rogers




“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.”  

      — Fred Rogers


I grew up watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. When Mr. Rogers passed away in 2003 I was heartbroken. In my mind he was one of those people who seemed almost saintly and therefore immortal. The world felt a little less kind now that he was gone.

Tonight I came across this quote, posted in the wake of the recent tragedy and I was reminded of why so many people loved him. 

Thanks Mr. Rogers. 

4 comments:

  1. Jenny, you find the best quotes! Thanks for posting!

    xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only came across Fred Rogers recently - wise words xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nen,

    What a great quote, I want to use it in a sermon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sentiment, and so true. It's worth reminding ourselves that most people in the world are kind and do want to help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!