May 4, 2012

Creative Inspiration - Part Deux




























Here's another piece of art I typeset earlier this year and have on the door to my office. I LOVE this. And it's so true. It's just hard to remember when you're in the midst of middle age and all those pesky "should've" thoughts keep slipping between the cracks in your brain.

Did you know that Norman Maclean started writing "A River Runs Through It" when he was 71 years old!? The book, his first work of fiction, was published in 1976, when he was 74 years old, and was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in Letters. It even went on to become a sweet movie, starring Brad Pitt, who really is quite a fine specimen . . . (whoops, I'm starting to go astray . . . now I'm thinking about how he was Tristan in "Legends of the Fall," and there's that one scene . . . oh my, sorry) My point is . . .

See? It's really NEVER too late.

So GO!

Hurry!

Start right now . . .


~ Feel free to print this for your wall too - it looks especially lovely printed on a piece of colored paper (and framed to match your decor!) ~

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote, Jenny. I remember that scene in Legends well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!