April 26, 2013

for now



I have suddenly decided to embark on a blogging hiatus of an unknown length of time. New adventures, unforeseen shifts, change in focus — life is like that, isn't it? An ebb and flow of season, a constant turning toward and away from the sun.

My heartfelt thanks to you for reading, commenting and following my often silly ramblings. I hope to see you all in cyberspace, or in person, if I'm so lucky.

Kindly,
Jenny



Why I Wake Early

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who made the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and the crotchety –

best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light –
good morning, good morning, good morning.

Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.

~ Mary Oliver 


18 comments:

  1. I've had a hiatus or two myself, but I hope you'll be back. You'll be missed girl. When I make my way back to Montana, I'm looking you up. My Goddaughter is in Missoula. Enjoy...and hopefully return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss you!! Will keep in touch though - we're still on the hunt for the perfect bedding. Enjoy your hiatus... I've been blogging less myself and enjoying the extra time that affords. Now, if we could only get some spring I could be spending that time outdoors!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time.
    I look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be missed! Enjoy your break, I hope it's a happy and fulfilling time for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will miss you too, but totally understand as I have been questioning the about of time I spend in cyberspace as opposed to the real world. There are so pulls from blogging, on-line galleries, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc that it takes a real effort to maintain a healthy balance.
    Enjoy your new endeavors and hope to see you back again sometime as I have enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will miss you, but I hope you enjoy the beautiful Montana summer. Look me up if you're over this way again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss you, Jenny. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you and yours...the wax paper hearts hanging in our front window are a loving reminder for me of you, Jenny. Thanks for the investment you have made in blogging thus far.
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time away.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life changes often. I have enjoyed my visits and wish you 'all the best' as you pursue other things right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that you are leaving Jenny. You'll be missed!
    Good luck in your next chapter.
    Best wishes, penny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the great posts. Will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will miss your thoughtful posts! But I understand needing a break. I took a 2 year blogging hiatus before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I missed this post. Have wondered where you are and now reading this I hope you are well and enjoying your break. Take care and have fun. Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. When are you coming back, Jenny? It was so nice to get a comment from you today. :-) I hope you are well and enjoying life. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will miss your posts, but glad you are kind enough to yourself to take a break...may it be prosperous!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh... havent you had enough break?
    I think of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!