April 2, 2013

Beach bound, part 1








Friday morning we left for the Oregon coast in what will be known as "The Speedy but Delicious Ocean Visit of 2013." The town of Cannon Beach, Oregon is one of my favorite places to glimpse the ocean and through the years we've somehow never taken our girls there so I decided it was high time we made the trek. The drive is about 10 hours from our house to the surf. It was a long day, made a little longer because Kate was born with a bladder the size of a walnut, or maybe a pistachio, we're not sure, but one thing we do know is that it can't hold much. I once joked with her that she should write a memoir someday titled "The Bathrooms of my Youth." She's frequented more public restrooms in her 12 years than any one person should in their entire life.

The photos I've posted today are from the lush green forested area just North of Cannon Beach. There should be a hundred different words for describing all the various shades and depths of green you can find in the Pacific Northwest. The greens are one of the things I miss most about living in the Seattle area. Of course with all that green comes a fair bit of moisture, and I must say that I don't miss the rain (and I don't miss how large my hair gets when I'm doused in humidity).

Next up I will post my beach photos but tonight I am tired and lazy, so I'm off to snuggle up with a book and a hot beverage.


16 comments:

  1. Welcome to Oregon, Jenny!!! Have a wonderful visit...make lots of good memories...you know you could take notes for a guidebook...Perfect Public Powder Rooms from Here to There...[a best seller, I'm certain:)]
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the title idea. A guidebook of tidy restrooms would be something we would purchase - we've seen some nasty stuff!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jenny, those mossy forests are amazing...and a little spooky looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very spooky. The stuff of hobbits, vampires and whatnot.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow... gorgeous, gorgeous greens!! (As we have snow forecasted for tonight, sigh). Enjoy your getaway and don't let yourselves get too far from the washrooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've always got the next possible stop plotted on the map. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, it's so beautiful there. I love your photos. That's one place I definitely plan to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So different than the desert Jennifer. You'd love it.

      Delete
  5. These photos are gorgeous! I love the northwest! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson. Planning to post more today.

      Delete
  6. That moss is amazing. And yes, the downside of greenery is rain as we know only too well here on the Emerald aisle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm sure you're familiar with both!

      Delete
  7. Wow, so there is some beautiful lush greenery out there!! If you happen upon Mother Nature... could you please pass the word that we are in desperate need of some over here in my neck of the woods? LOL
    Love the pics! penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, full of lush greens and moody greys. Wouldn't it be great if Oregonians had one hundred words for green in the same way as the Inuits supposedly have one hundred words for snow? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!