April 17, 2013

Pieces of April




























reading: A Three Dog Life, a memoir by Abigail Thomas (sooo sooo good)

listening to: Half Moon by Portland band 'Blind Pilot'. We saw them in concert here in Missoula last year. I love every single song of theirs. Pure musicalpoeticgenius.

watching: this 3-minute video - I want all of my girlfriends and my daughters to watch it.

eating: an entire half of our first watermelon of the year (store-bought)

dreaming of: visiting my newest nephew Noah, born a mere three days ago. I wish Texas wasn't so far away or that airplanes went super fast but never left the ground

welcoming: the goldfinch to the growing clientele at our bird feeder. On a side note, last year we had a yellow warbler couple decide to nest in the tree outside Emma's window. We had such fun watching them build their home, watch over their eggs and finally feed their three frail children. Emma even lucked into seeing the very moment one fledged (as a 12-day-old! oh how soon they leave!) I posted some photos and wrote a poem about it here.

thinking about: taking a sewing class, making a terrarium, taking Glucosamine to see if my hips and fingers feel better

fretting: that I may be developing rheumatoid arthritis at 43

asking: "what can I do to help?" after watching this


What's up in your neck of the woods? 










17 comments:

  1. I have missed the beautiful pictures of your posts and the little bits of information you share, like the video. So amazing. Working on catching up a little. We are welcoming spring here as well. I saw my first Hummingbird of the season today and put out my Baltimore Oriole feeders. Trying to be patient for that brilliant flash of orange to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bird! My neck of the woods found me at the plant nursery buying annuals. Love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely. Congratulations on your new nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's warming up for you..I hope that helps your aches and pains too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this reflective post, Jenny. Can I borrow the idea? Of course, I will give you all due credit.

    I hope your fretting will be have a positive resolution. I hate fretting. It takes up too much of my day, and never seems to go anywhere but around in a circle.

    Take care

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, and big congrats on the arrival of a delicious-looking new nephew. That rooftops and blue sky last picture is beautiful. It looks European somehow. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. That's the view of Missoula from the road between our house and downtown.

      Delete
  7. I always love reading about what you are doing and thinking! Wonderful photos! I'm having a rough week in my neck of the woods. With the bombing being in "my own backyard" I'm struggling with my emotions. BUT tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and I'm going to celebrate life and love! So looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such a terrible week for Boston. Thinking of you.

      Delete
  8. Lovely post with a little angle in the end. I love your pictures, and again you've made me learn about an artist I've never heard of before. Thank you for sharing. And I wish you all the best and I hope your fears won't come true; but if they do, all the best and a lot of strenght!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping maybe when things warm up more I'll shake the creakiness out of my bones and everything will be fine.

      Delete
  9. Love your photos - your painted cupboard is beautiful.
    The book sounds very interesting - will look out for it in our local library.
    Spring is slow asserting her presence here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cupboard was one of the first things we bought when we got married. My husband keeps hinting at getting rid of it but I love it toooo much!

      Delete
  10. Hello, thank you for popping over to my blog and following me! I look forward to getting to know you by reading your blog.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to knowing you better too.

      Delete
  11. For what it's worth, my dog acquired a hip injury a few years ago and glucosamine (along with green lipped mussel for dogs) has made his hip like new again. I THINK tumeric herb is considered good for arthritis too? We just had some new season brussell sprouts last week in a surprisingly yummy dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the input on glucosamine and I am going to look into the tumeric idea.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!