July 4, 2012

These United States
























Today Americans celebrate this wonderful country we call home. Fly your flag, throw a barbeque, run through the sprinkler, wear something red, white & blue, watch the fireworks display, remember someone who made a difference for this country, think about the Declaration of Independence (how we are called to respect all people as equals) and the Bill of Rights – the freedoms we enjoy (and should always let others enjoy - religion, speech).  When I think of these documents and the truths that lie at the core of our country I am honored to call myself an American.

Happy Independence Day!


3 comments:

  1. *insert sparklers here*
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence day to you! (sorry, I am a day late, I know...) We were in Washington DC on July 4th about 10 years ago and watched the fireworks on the mall - it was amazing! Best fireworks I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
    Feel free to visit my blog ... Sandpoint waterfront

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!