January 17, 2013

A hat for baby




This is the story of two crocheted baby hats:

My brother and his wife were expecting a baby.

I used my keen psychic abilities and secretly predicted a girl.

I crocheted a tiny ruffled-edged girly baby hat.

They had a beautiful baby boy.




I gifted the hat to Harriet May (who used to belong to my Aunt and now sits on a shelf in my room).

It was a little big on her so we turned up the edge.

I took a trip to the yarn store.




I got busy on a blue hat for my new nephew Parker.

I shipped it last week.

I heard the weather in Texas finally got chilly and I was secretly glad.

Then I got this photo from my brother.




I have never seen a cuter hat-wearing baby in my life.

Also, he looks a little concerned.

I love being an aunt.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know what he would be concerned about! He is definitely warm enough! Beautiful hat on a beautiful child, Jenny!
    I am loving the book, so far! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of the little old man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is a little sweetie!! I LOVE crocheting baby hats and just sent a few off to a friend last week. Love Harriet May's new look too... perfect for the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hat and beautiful baby boy! Congratulations to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie, it makes me do broody x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very handsome hat and even more handsome model. He is a cutie.

    I too love being an aunt, it's such a precious relationship. I have three nieces (ages 2,4 and 5) and one nephew (age 4) so very close in age to my two. I just wish I could see them more and smother them in auntie kisses/hugs/squeezes.

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious hats and models, Jenny! Thanks for posting.
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!