January 21, 2013

My favorite













I'm posting more winter photos. I hope you don't mind. I never intended to be a weather blog but I simply had to show you some pix I took a few days ago.

A thick, dense fog settled over the whole valley but the temps were still far below freezing and when we get that combination it makes for my FaVoRiTe of all winter landscapes. The moisture in the air wraps around every blade of grass, every tree branch. It lies down on every field. And then it freezes, forming the most delicate shroud of white on everything in sight. 

I actually get giddy when I wake up to this beauty. It feels like a gift. All magical and mystical — like stepping into Narnia. And it's so delicate. If you dare to touch the frosty surfaces the heat from your finger instantly melts the crystals and the spell is broken. Or if the sun heats things too much the fog lifts. Lucky for us it stayed like this all day. Some of these photos are from 10 a.m. when I was out running errands and some are from around 4 p.m. when I ran out to drop off something for Emma at the school.





16 comments:

  1. You know I always love the winter photos! No snow here yet...*sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous... I love hoar frost too. Your photos are wonderful Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo beautiful, Jenny!!! Thank you for posting. AMAZING ******
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your snowy landscape snaps Jenny and your descriptions. Stay warm xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny I love your weather shots! The snow is so pristine and pretty. The beauty of all that white is awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowy landscapes are breathtakingly beautiful. I agree, they're just like stepping into Narnia.

    Stay warm x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful winter wonderland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Those are stunning photos Jenny! Most certainly frame worthy. A collage in a beautiful frame and hung in your home would be lovely. I bet you'd get alot of oooh's and ahhh's from visitors. The photos are so peaceful. I scrolled up to look again because I was going to tell you which are my favorites and well....who could pick? They are all exquisite. You're GOOD! :) Have a cozy evening, penny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these, they are stunning photographs. I really like the shot of the shed/barn - the contrast of dark and light works well. Everything is so white it looks quite magical.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way when we (used to) get snow. I just couldn't wait to get out in it, and then the frozen fog on top of it all just makes for unreal beauty. If I HAD to pick a favorite . . . it would be the second one of the trees all in a row. The symmetry is very appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I relish days like that! Just total misty, magical beauty! Awesome shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I certainly don't mind more of these beautiful wintry scenes! I adore these photos and your happiness at seeing these scenes. Hard to pick a favourite but the second one, barn one and last one are my top 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are incredible how can you choose a favourite! They do feel like Narnia.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!