October 11, 2012

20,500 SCREAMING Girls


{or how I took my daughters to see Justin Bieber} 

How to go to a Justin Bieber concert:

1. Buy tickets in May

2. Watch daughters scream, jump up and down and CRY when you tell them 

3. Wait for many long months, plan, make a purple poster to take along

4. Drive 8 hours to Tacoma, Washington 

5. Stay in hotel next to the Tacoma Dome

6. See tour buses the morning of the concert and . . . 

7. Spend all day standing outside with a large group of girls hoping he'll come out to see the fans (he never did) 

8. Get dressed in Bieber shirts and purple hair ribbons, scream/dance a lot 

9. File into Tacoma Dome with 20,500 people 

10. Scream/cry/cheer through a really fun show

11. Moms - look around at thousands of darling, elated faces and wish they could all be chosen as the "one less lonely girl"

12. Lose hearing for a while after show 

13. Stand in a ginormous claustrophobic mob for almost an hour to buy t-shirt 

14. Go back to hotel, talk it over 

15. finally sleep 

16. Drive home 8 hours, sleep (if you're a kid) and listen to Justin's CD 

17. Give your mom a sweet card saying thank you and how it was the best day of your life and you'll never forget this

18. Lay in your own bed with JB songs stuck in your head until you finally sleep


I'm so tired.

14 comments:

  1. You get the "best Mom ever" award! Awesome pic's, you must have been really close to the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we were a ways back but my new camera has some awesome zoomability. The seats close to the stage were in the $500 range - holy cash-ola!

      Delete
  2. What a great post. "I felt like I was there!" Funny and so cute. And yes, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It was a crazy adventure, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Oh Jenny I love it!! You are a great Mom. Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, Brave, Mama, Jenny :)
    Can you hear me now?
    xx from Gracie
    ps ~rest~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my hearing has been fully restored. :)
      So glad it's the weekend now so I can lay low.

      Delete
  5. I think you should be nominated for some kind of parenting award for this! You are so nice, your girls have a fabulous Mum. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. My kids think I'm cool - for now. I'm sure over time they'll think differently but I'm basking in their adoration.

      There were actually quite a few dads there with their girls, which I thought was VERY brave.

      Delete
  6. Oh ya, you're getting an award for sure!! Great pics and your girls are gorgeous Jenny. They look over the moon happy... they won't forget this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks Tracy. They were definitely giddy.

      Delete
  7. You definitely deserve a medal! So nice that the girls appreciate it.

    I have to admit, I'm still puzzled about Bieber Fever. Am I getting old? I don't know. Mind you at their age I used to go mad over David Cassidy. Now he was really dreamy back in the early 70s :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just at the tail end of David Cassidy but at 13 I developed an obsession with Ralph Macchio after seeing "The Outsiders." (He was also in The Karate Kid). I had posters of him all over my room - just like my girls do of Justin. So funny. Ah, youth.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!