September 19, 2012

Aaarg!

Just when I feel like things have settled into a nice, easy pace and I've penned a list of what I'm planning to do with my day I find out it's 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day.' What!? Really?!

Honestly I have no idea how to talk like a pirate and it's really far from my personality to do so (I have a brother - Hi Andrew - who is just the kinda guy for pirate talk). I would however LOVE to look like Keira Knightly in Pirates of the Caribbean and possibly even fall in love with a pirate. That could be fun, I guess. But not really because I'm more of the homebody type and I get seasick.

So, I guess mostly I'd just want her hair and period clothing from the movie, although realistically I'd never have any place to wear those dresses.

Well, enough of that . . . I thought you might like to see these photos from this toocuteforwords store downtown Missoula — Noteworthy. This is their "back to school" front window decor.

I try not to go in this store too often, you know, with my paper addiction issues and all.










10 comments:

  1. Avast!
    Ooh arghh!
    And where be the rum?
    I'd have to stay clear of that darling store, too.
    Paper goods = treasure booty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo Natalie - you would make an excellent pirate.

      Delete
  2. Oooooooo the treasure in that store, Jenny!
    What fun it would be to plunder!!
    ~~~~x~~~~ marks the spot!!!
    grayseasailor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, love to read your blogs. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the recent pirate movie, it was rated "Arrr"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend a lot of money in that shop, it looks like my kind of store!

    What is talk like a pirate day?? These "days" drive me mad - next Friday it's Roald Dahl day (allegedly) and Bella's school are doing dress up as a Roald Dahl character. I am totally stuck for ideas. More stress for parents...rant rant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about schools inflicting parent stress. Whew! it's always something. Maybe she can be Mathilda and just put a red bow in her hair and carry a copy of Moby Dick? Or stick some felt fox ears on a headband and she'd be "Fantastic Mr. Fox?"

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!