September 3, 2012

Puget Sound Dreamin'
































This time of year I always find myself longing for the Puget Sound. The smell of salt water, a pebbly beach, a perfect 75-degree day, a small boat, the ghostly silhouette of a distant ferry, the evergreen breezes. To me, early September is western Washington's finest hour. 

I happened onto these photos this week. Taken one August evening on the Puget Sound in 2005. We didn't have the girls' swim suits but they were dying to wade in so we tied up their dresses and sat on the shore while they puttered about until the sun went down and the air got chilly.

Oh, where are those two little girls now? Where has the time gone?

3 comments:

  1. I agree-with everything-I love it here in September, the best month and what happened to those little girls and in my case that boy, well now they are gone but they bring home their little replicas for me to love on some more, thank goodness cause life would certainly be dull without them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a few miles south of the Sound, this is such a wonderful time of the year! I love Autumn and living in the PNW:)
    Each season of life I have found beauty and joy...tempered by longing or loss so that the beauty and joy are all the more special and memorable...precious, Jenny. Thanks for posting!
    hugs from Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!