September 25, 2012

With Gratitude


















Today is my 43rd birthday. I almost didn't tell you. I've never been a fan of birthdays really. Markers of time always feel more like unwelcome guests and when it comes to parties I have never been one who enjoys being fussed over. 

But the older I get the more I appreciate this day of celebration. Not as a celebration of me but as a celebration by me – for this lease on life that I have been handed. It has become a day for giving thanks. 

What luck, to still be riding this gently turning planet, witnessing the mysteries and beauty of the world, clinging to the front seat on this crazy roller coaster called "life." How fortunate I am to have made it 43 years, when there are so many people who never make it this far. So many lives cut short. Yet I've been given a 43rd wonderful year.

So today I celebrate with gratitude another treasured year in this small life.

Thank you. 
Thank you. 
Thank you.



artwork from the book A Time to Keep by Tasha Tudor

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I do hope that you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to loveliness floating to you, all year, every day... be it cake, or simply laughter and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outlook on life~so thankful to have "met" you. Happy Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Birthday wishes for yesterday! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day and a cake that tasted nothing at all like your smokey air. Enjoy 43. (Toasting you with my first DC of the day!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I am celebrating life AND I am celebrating you! I am glad you were born and that I have the chance to know you through our cyberspace explorations :)
    Love to you and yours. xxx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy (belated) birthday to you Jenny! I hope your day was filled with fun and joy and love, and those around you made you feel special. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Blog friends are part of life's joy and I thank you for being a friend to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!