April 6, 2012

Saturday Night Movie Event!











I would be remiss if I did not announce this:
USA Network to Mark 50th Anniversary of the movie To Kill A Mockingbird 
Tomorrow night (Saturday April 7 at 8/7c). 

From the web:
To commemorate the Oscar-winning film's 50th anniversary, President Barack Obama will introduce a special broadcast of a restored and digitally remastered print of the film on USA at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Saturday, April 7. 

Starring Gregory Peck as the heroically decent Alabama lawyer Atticus Finch, and based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Harper Lee, the film will air with limited commercial interruption.

In a rare public statement, Lee said she was "deeply honored" that President Obama would be participating in celebrating the film. "I believe it remains the best translation of a book to film ever made," she said, "and I'm proud to know that Gregory Peck's portrayal of Atticus Finch lives on -- in a world that needs him now more than ever."

I couldn't agree more.

Pop some corn, top it with some real butter and a couple shakes of salt, crack open a Diet Coke, and gather the family, folks! It's classic movie night.

I know I'll be watching!

Click here for even more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!