May 7, 2012

Late Bloomer!


























This little gal seems to be taking her sweet time and is just now blooming, while the others are all spent and limp. What a sunny, independent little thing. Everywhere there's the hum of lawn mowers and the laughter of children playing in the afternoon sun. It's getting dark much later now – closer to 9 p.m. It's always tricky getting the kids to sleep this time of year. And it won't get any better for many months. By the end of June it can be 10:30 or so before it's finally dark. It's almost like having extra hours in the day! Yippee for more time!

It's a lonely evening for me tonight. Gary plays soccer until 8 and the girls both have plans for dinner with friends. I'm flying solo until 7:30 or so. This happens more and more now. Sometimes I enjoy the solitude and I'm never one to cry when I don't have to cook dinner, but sometimes it's just plain weird and sad.

In other news, you should see the disastrous condition of my office. I feel like one of those people on "Hoarders." There are piles of paper (all so beautiful and unused) and gobs of random craft supplies mixed with design books and project files and client folders. It's pure craziness.
























See? I wasn't exaggerating. Maybe I should be doing a bit of tidying while the family's gone tonight. The problem is I don't even know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!