May 11, 2012

TGIF! 3 Thoughts & a Poem




















Thoughts today:

1. Check out the  pic of the bleeding hearts. Aren't they so amazing! So intricate and so pink! Although I feel a little disturbed that their name is "bleeding hearts." I understand why I just don't enjoy saying "bleeding hearts." It kind of gives me the willies. And it definitely reminds me that I would make a terrible surgeon. When Emma was two-years-old she fell against the coffee table and cut her gums. There was a LOT of blood, but she was ultimately okay. I was . . . I'll be honest here . . . I was HYSTERICAL. In the end she had stopped crying and was consoling me! "It's okay Mommy. See I'm fine. Calm down." No one wants a doctor who's more alarmed by your bleeding gashes than you are.

2. Aren't Tule and Izzy so cute out in the yard together. Izzy really wants to help chew on this stick, but she's too shy to ask. Tu's hoping Izzy will make a grab for it so she can start a big game of "chase."

3. It's a beautiful day outside and the sun is supposed to shine all weekend in Coeur d'Alene too. The lake will be a deep blue vision of beauty and boats. I will post photos so you can enjoy the view too.

With that said. I'd better go pack the bags and load the car. I'll leave you with a poem I wrote and wishes for a happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the mothers out there. It's the best thing ever – being a mom – isn't it? 

               ~

The Coming of Spring

A charming breeze delivered the bees
And a handful of wrens at my door
The afternoon sun made the creek waters run
And the crocus turn purple ‘til four
The brown hills did gleam with fistfuls of green
Uncoiling from Earth’s warming core
And in the dimmest half-light, a meadowlark’s flight
Whispers promises there will be more


copyright 2012 Jenny Scheuch






2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!